The following steps are how to create a Facebook App to allow the facebook messenger chat to appear in the bottom right of your website.
Step 1: Create an app here.
Step 2: Create a Facebook page for your business if you haven't already
Step 3: Whitelist your website domain
- Go to view your page
- Click Advanced Messaging from the left menu
- Under Whitelisted Domains type in your full website URL. Make sure it includes https and www (example https://www.cmsmax.com)
- Click save
Step 4: Connect your page to your app
- From the app dashboard, expand the Messenger menu item from the left menu and click on Settings
- In the Access Tokens section, Click Add or Remove Pages
- Select the page you want to connect
- Allow the permissions to “Manage and access Page conversations in Messenger”
- Click Done
Step 5: Copy and paste the code below into the end of body and replace the App ID and Page_ID. You can find your App ID at the top of your app and you can find your page id on your facebook page, specifically on your about page.