Use the GTIN
[gtin] attribute to submit Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs). A GTIN uniquely identifies your product. This specific number helps us make your ad or unpaid listing richer and easier for your customers to find. Products submitted without any unique product identifiers are difficult to classify and may not be eligible for all Shopping programs or features.
When to use
Required for all products with a GTIN assigned by the manufacturer. Only provide a GTIN if you are sure it is correct. When in doubt do not provide a GTIN (for example, do not guess or make up a value).
Several different types of ID numbers are considered a GTIN
[gtin]. Use this attribute to submit any of the following types of numbers:
- UPC (in North America / GTIN-12): 12-digit number (convert 8-digit UPC-E codes to 12-digit codes)
- EAN (in Europe / GTIN-13): 13-digit number
- JAN (in Japan / GTIN-13): 8 or 13-digit number
- ISBN (for books): 13-digit number (convert ISBN-10 to ISBN-13). If you have both, include only the 13-digit number.
- ITF-14 (for multipacks / GTIN-14): 14-digit number
How to configure GTIN on CMS Max
On the add/edit product page, go to the Attributes tab.
* Only set to "No Identifier" if your product is custom made and has no GTIN number.
* An accurate GTIN number must be added to be eligible for Google's Merchant Center, unless it's a custom product.