Google Maps now requires a billing account to be set up in order to use their API. Any site that is powered by Google Maps for the location pages in CMS Max, we will need to enable billing and generate an API key.
Google Maps provides $300 credit for free. Sign up and get $300 to spend on Google Cloud Platform over the next 12 months.
To Enabling Billing
- Go to https://cloud.google.com/
- Click Get Started
- Step 1: Setup your account information
- Step 2: verify your account with a phone number
- Check all three (Maps, Routes, Places)
- Create a new projects
- Select a billing account
- Note down the API key that is generated